Paulina Palian, born 1982 in Krakow, is cloth designer, dress maker and stylist based in London, author of various collections: HOP SA SA (2008), Moon Lady (2009) to Blue Inzo (2010) and two collections in 2011: "IN YOUR FACE" and "The Dark Side". She has also participated in many editorial projects and shows such as Warsaw Street Fashion or “I love Runway” in London, supports Charity Fashion Events like "Young Voices" and "Save the Children".
She was Fashion Promoter and co-organiser of Freak Art Show Collective (2010/11) and founder of KAKAPO design.
Favourite style is modern flirt with Polish Folk- Pure femininity with lots of positive self-esteem.
Uses all range of colourful fabrics- from recycled and second hand to organic cotton and silk- but it’s not about the fabric! Not even about the product as such- it’s about feeling - when you wear it…
09.11- till present Birbeck, University of London, Art Management: Visual Arts, London, UK
02.07-02.08 The Graphic Design Course at Academy of Fine Arts, Katowice, Poland
2005- 2008 The School of Art Fashion Design - SAPU, Cracow, PL, Graduation Diploma
07/08.2005 The Small Business Course, Graduate with honours
2001-2004 The K. Adamiecki University of Economics, Katowice, PL
1999-2000 The Griswold High School, Helix, Oregon, USA, Graduation Diploma
1997-2001 The A.Mickiewicz High School, Katowice, PL, Graduation Diploma
Skills: specialised in Internet Social Medias, good drawing skills, Windows XP & MS Office, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator & InDesign, Corel and Inventex- AutoCad, Machine and hand sewing, Pattern Making.
cloths designer, dress maker and stylist as Paulina Palian, self-employment registered in London, UK in April 2009 till present
print label “KAKAPO design”, April’09-till present, London, UK
project: K4P – unique resin jewellery October 2010- January 11
June’10 – Oct’11– Fashion Promoter & Event Co-organiser for Freak Art Show Collective, London, UK
Aug’10 - Feb’11- Fashion Creative Director of Lejdiz Magazine, London, UK
Internship at Louis De Gama Studio /summer 2008, London, UK
Internship at Mawi- Jewellery Designer/ summer 2005, London, UK
Event Manager “Kanty” Music Club, Jaworzno, Poland 2001-2005
2008 HOP SA SA - womanswear
2009 KAKAPO design (prints) womanswear, menswear and childrenswear
2009 summer dresses- womanswear
2009 Moon Lady- womanswear
2010 Blue Inzo – womanswear & menswear
2011 In Your Face (ss11) womanswear
2011 Dark Side (ss12) womanswear
• FAMA – Art Student Awards’ 04/ Katowice, Poland
• Customisation Fashion Show’ 04/ Gliwice, Poland
• SAPU _ School of Art Fashion Design/ 2005-2008 Cracow, Poland:
Fashion Labolatory’06/ Fashion Show 2006, Krakow, Poland
Fashion Labolatory’07/ Fashion Show 2007, Krakow, Poland
• Poznan International Fair July’08 Poznan, Poland
• “HOP SA SA” Author’s Fashion Show/ March ‘08 Jaworzno, Diploma Collection, Poland (full organization and supervisory)
• Cracow Fashion Awards April’08 Krakow, Poland
• “Ida Mlodzi” - The Young Fashion Designers Contest/ 04.2008: Winning in Vanguard Category
• Warsaw Fashion Street’08/ Warsaw, Poland
• OFF Fashion’08 Contest/ 14/15.11 semi finals, Kielce, PL
• July’09 premier of “Moon Lady” at Warsaw Street Fashion /Warsaw/ Poland.
• Feb 1st 2010- “HOP SA SA” @ Fashionista Fashion Show @ Jewel Bar Piccadilly Circus/ London .
• 27th June’10 Fashion Show at Freak Art Show, London.
• Fashion Show Britain's Next Model Superstar - Launch party- Fashion Show both HOP SA SA and Moon Lady Collections @ Tuatara in Chelsea /London.
• 16th July 2010 I love Runway Fashion Show with collection “Blue Inzo” / Nothing Hill/ London
• 22 Sep’10 Fashion Show at Cafe 1001 with “Blue Inzo”/ Brick Lane/ London.
• 26 Oct’10 Young Voices Charity Event for "Victim Support- Find the Strength"– London City Hall.
• 15-21 Nov’10 POP UP shop @ Whiteleys Shopping Centre during the Global Entrepreneurship Week, London.
• Nov’10 interview to Alfa Romeo Young Designer Award 2011
• 22nd Jan’11 FREAK ART SHOW 6 – K4P fashion Show
• 8 Mar’11 Antykoncepcja Game- Fashion Performance Event in Lodz, Poland due to the International Women Day
• 2nd of April FREAK ART SHOW 8
• 7th May 2011 Freak Art Show and premier of collection “in your face”
• 23rd May 2011 Charity Gig and Fashion Show for Save the Children Organisation.
• 29th May 2011 Kids Art Show - an International Children's Day with KAKAPO design
• 24th September 2011 Freak Art Show “Back to School”
• 14th October LOLLIPOP DESIGNERS (and NOT) SALE
• 28th October premier of catalogue “Palian” by Natalia Falkowska
• 29th October Freak Art Show “Halloween Space Freak” with new collection The Dark Side
Playboy Poland Photo Contest: Working as a Stylist, Make- up Artist and Hair Stylist with Photographer Lukasz Lic 2008
Photo session for Avanti Boutique: Working as a Stylist, Make- up Artist and Hair Stylist’08
September 2009 Moon Lady Shoot with Photographer Shiloh Strong (USA) in London
September 2009 HOP SA SA shoot with Photographer Cécile Sayuri / London.
October 2009 Fashion Shoot with Piotr Scigalski/ London
November 2009 Autumn shoot with Photographer Lisa Lindøe in Oslo/ Norway.
Nov 2010 Autumn Shoot with Phillip James Suddick / London – publish @ Cocu Magazine.
March 2010 spring shoot with Photographer Jessica Flavin and model Peace Oseyenum.
May 2010 premier shoot with Photographer Inzajeano Latif/ London.
April 2011 editorial shoot for Lejdiz Mag with Peter Romantowski
editorial shoot “eating disorder” with photography: Peter Romantowski (August 2011 Peter Romantowski’s image is now in the finals of the forthcoming Master Photographer of the Year Awards 2011)
13th May 2011 shoot for the catalogue by Natalia Falkowska
17th November editorial shoot with Dorota Beau-Ingle and collection Dark Side
Celebrities in paulina palian creations:
June 2010 my dress at Miss Poland UK for Kamila Nowak (Miss Internet).
October 2010 my dresses from HOP SA SA in music video "Way No Way"
Karen Duelund Guastavino @ London Scala with "Czeslaw Spiewa"
February 2011 Natalia Przybysz NATU in HOP SA SA
July 2011 Ewa Szlachcic in dress from Moon Lady Collection at Rzeszow Carpathia Festival